Hariyali Amavasya 2019: It is called Hariyali Amavasya due to the greenery everywhere in the month of Savan.
Amavasya coming in the month of Sawan (2019) is very important. This Amavasya is also called Hariyali Amavasya 2019. This time Hariyali Amavasya is on 1 August (Thursday). Bath-donation has special significance on this day.
Also read- Hariyali Amavasya: Amavasya of Saavan month on August 1, 4 auspicious yoga will be together on this day
Actually, Sawan Amavasya (amavsya) takes place on the very next day of Sawan Shivratri. It is also called Hariyali Amavasya due to the greenery everywhere in the month of Saavn. Three days after Amavasya, greenery comes to Teej. It is believed that on this day, all kinds of sufferings are removed from life by worship and charity.
Sawan Amavasya Date
Sawan Amavasya begins: July 31 from 11: 57 am
Sawan Amavasya ends: August 1 till 8:41 am
Sawan Amavasya Pujan Method
People are worshiped on the day of Sawan Amavasya. Simultaneously its rounds are also made. On this day peepal, banyan, banana lemon. Plants of Tulsi etc. are planted.
What to do on Sawan Amavasya
- Feed the fish with flour
- Offer vermilion and jasmine oil to Lord Hanuman
- In the evening, light a lamp of ghee in the northeast. Mother Lakshmi will be happy by doing this.
- Make a swastika on the plate of worship and place Mahalakshmi Yantra on it.
- Do a lamp donation on a basil plant.
- Donate to Brahmins on this day.