This temple is mentioned in the Puranas …
In Sanatan Dharma, Brahma Vishnu and Mahesh i.e. Lord Shiva are considered in the trinity. At the same time, Lord Shiva is also included in the Adi Panch Devas. At the same time, their day in the week is considered as Monday. In such a situation, this month, the beloved Sawan month of Bhabwan Shiva is starting from 9 August 2021, which will run till 7 September. At the same time every year in the month of Sawan, innocent devotees worship Mahadev by doing special worship.
There are many bizarre and unique temples of Lord Shankar in the country and the world, where Lord Shankar is present in various forms. But today we are telling you about such a temple of Lord Shiva, where the Shivling present is not 1 or 2 but 5000 years old.
1. At the same time, in the month of Sawan, huge crowds throng to see this amazing Shivling of Lord Shiva. Because with this Shivling, 5000 years old, there is immense reverence of Shiva devotees. And this wonderful Shiva lingam of Lord Shiva is Jaleshwar Mahadev located in Kokum village of Dadipada taluka of Narmada district of Gujarat. It is an ancient place based on the scriptures.
2. The existence of this temple is said to be about 5000 years old from today, where people come to worship Lord Shankar every Monday.
3. It is said that excavation was done here in the year 1940 by the Department of Archeology. During this archeological excavation, the world saw this 5000 year old Shivling.
4. During the excavation in the year 1940, the Department of Archeology received many precious things. Referring to the evidence related to the temple, the archeology department has described this Shivling as 5000 years old.
5. This temple, recorded in the books of Puranas for thousands of years, is mentioned in the name of Jaleshwar Mahadev Temple. Shiva devotees have deep faith in this Jaleshwar Mahadev temple, every year lakhs of devotees reach here and earn virtuous benefits by getting amazing darshan of Lord Shiva.
6. There is a wave of Shiva devotees in this temple here on Monday, the holy day of Lord Shiva. Special worship is organized in the temple on special occasions of Book Sawan and Mahashivratri.
7. As mentioned in the scriptures, the river flowing near this temple is called Purva River and this temple is Jaleshwar Mahadev. According to beliefs, bathing in this river and seeing Shiva linga provides freedom from sins.