Mahadev, one of the Adi Panch Devas of Sanatana Dharma, also has a place in the trinity. In such a situation, Mahashivaratri, one of the main festivals of the god of destruction, Lord Mahakal i.e. Shiva, is falling on 11 March 2021. As such, everyone knows the law of worship of Mahadev on Shivaratri, while on the one hand they are easily pleased, on the other hand, their form is not hidden from anyone.
In such a situation, there is also a special legislation for the worship of twelve Jyotirlingas located at different places in India on the day of Maha Shivaratri. It is said that on the day of Mahashivaratri, a person who worships Lord Shiva with bell leaves and awakes during the night and chants the mantras of the Lord, gives him Shiva joy and salvation.
According to belief, the creation of the universe has started from Mahashivaratri. According to mythology, the creation of this day began with the rise of Agnilinga (which is the giant form of Mahadev). Lord Shiva was also married to Goddess Parvati on the same day. Mahashivaratri is considered to be the most important of the 12 Shivaratris that occur in the year.
At the same time, according to the scriptures, by performing Jalabhishek to Lord Shiva on the special occasion of Maha Shivaratri, one gets rid of all kinds of faults. Along with this, blessings of Lord Shiva always remain. Come, know that on this Mahashivaratri 2021, auspicious time to perform Jalabhishek on Shivling …
Auspicious time of jalabhishek
Mahanishith Kaal – On 11 March, it will be from 11:44 pm to 12:33 pm.
Chaturdashi Tithi will begin on March 11 from 2.41 pm
Chaturdashi Tithi ends – March 12 at 3 to 3 minutes.
Material for hydrophobia …
Milk, curd, honey, ghee, sandalwood, sugar, gangajal, belpatra, kaner, whitark, white akha, dhatura, kamalgatta, panchamrit, rose, indigo lotus, paan, jaggery, lamp, incense sticks, etc.
Method of Jalabhishek on Shivling …
Under this, first offer Gangajal on the Shivling. Then offer Panchamrit. Then offer milk, curd, honey, ghee, sugar and then take a bath with Ganges water. After this, offer sandalwood paste, Belpatra, Kaner, Shwetark, White Akha, Dhatura, Kamalgatta, Gulab, Neel Kamal, Paan etc. in the Shivling.
While doing Jalabhishek, keep chanting the mantra of Lord Shiva or just ‘Om Namah: Shivaay’. After this, light a lamp, incense sticks and perform aarti. After performing the Aarti, also apologize to Lord Shiva for your mistakes and omissions.
Om tryambakanyajamahe sugandhin pushtivardhanam. Urvarukamiv bandhanan mrtyormukshiya ma mrtat.
Apart from this, according to Pandit Sunil Sharma, it is also believed that you can get auspicious results on Mahashivaratri by taking some remedies according to the zodiac sign. So let’s know what to do according to the zodiac sign on Mahashivaratri?
1. Aries – People of this zodiac should worship Shiva by Gulal, as well as on the day of Shivratri Om Mamaleshvaraya Namah Chant the mantra.
2. Taurus – People of this zodiac anoint Shiva with milk and Om Nageshwarai Namah Chant the mantra.
3. Gemini – People of this zodiac Om Bhuteshvarai Namah Chant the mantra and anoint Shiva with sugarcane juice.
4. Cancer – People of this zodiac should remember the Dwadash name of Shiva and anoint Shiva with Panchamrit.
5. Leo zodiac sign People of this zodiac Namah Shivaya Om Namah Shivaya Chant the mantra and anoint Shiva with honey.
6. Virgo zodiac- People of this zodiac Recitation of shiva chalisa Do and anoint Shiva with pure water.
7. Libra zodiac- People of this zodiac Text of cobweb Do and anoint Shiva with curd.
8. Scorpio zodiac- People of this zodiac Om Angareshvaraya Namah Chant the mantra and anoint Shiva with milk and ghee.
9. Sagittarius – People of this zodiac anoint Shiva with milk as well Om Sameshwarayanam: Chant the mantra.
10. Capricorn – People of this zodiac anoint Shiva with pomegranate juice and Shiva Sahastranama Pronounce
11. Aquarius – People of this zodiac should consecrate Lord Shiva separately from milk, curd, sugar, ghee, honey and Om shivaya namah Chant the mantra.
12. Pisces – People of this zodiac anoint Shiva with the fruits of the season and Om Bhameshwarai Namah Chant the mantra.