Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar App for news without ads
One hour ago
- Copy link
- This time, the first Ekadashi fast of the Hindu calendar will be done on Wednesday, April 7, due to the absence of the Panchang.
Ekadashi which falls on the Krishna Paksha of Chaitra month is called Papamochani Ekadashi. This time, this fast will be observed on April 7, due to the absence of almanac. This time Ekadashi date will start before sunrise on Wednesday and will last till sunrise on the next day. Therefore, this fast will be done on Wednesday only.
According to religious belief, it is said that by fasting Papamochani Ekadashi, all the sins and sufferings of the fast are removed. By observing this fast, devotees receive the same fruits as the biggest yagyas. Fasting of Papamochini Ekadashi results in the donation of thousands of cows. Mahapapas like Brahma Hathya, Suvarna Chori and Surapan also get away from performing this fast.
Do Ekadashi fast with this method
- The subject of Papamochani Ekadashi is described in detail in the Bhavishya Purana. In this fast, the quadrilateral form of Lord Vishnu is worshiped.
- Those observing the fast should eat sattvic food at a time on Dashami and meditate on the Lord.
- Resolve the fast after bathing etc. on the morning of Ekadashi. After the resolution, worship Lord Sri Vishnu with 16 ingredients.
- After worship, sit in front of God and recite the Bhagavad Katha or get it done by a qualified Brahmin. Sit with the family and listen to the Bhagavad Katha.
- Awaken throughout the night. Even at night without eating anything. You can eat fruits if it is not possible. Perform Bhajan awakening while performing Bhajan Kirtan.
- On Dwadashi Tithi i.e. the next day, take a bath in the morning and worship Lord Vishnu, then give food to Brahmins and give Dakshina.
- After this, eat yourself. In this way, Lord Vishnu is very happy by fasting Papamochani Ekadashi and eliminates all the sins of the fast.